Road biking is a wonder combination of endurance, speed & agility. I know a lot of people invested a significant amount of money on road bike only to find out that they don’t ride the bike much!
If you are new to riding and planning to start, an entry-level road bike under 300 dollars, its also called best cheap road bike that enough for you. All your need the efficient components that ensure smooth ride & satisfactory speed.
If you are looking to start today, $300 is sufficient to get a decent bike. You do not have to spend a lot of money in order to get the best entry level road bike. This article will take you to the 5 of my best road bikes under 300 dollar budget, with in-depth review & side by side comparison for each of them.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Road Bike Under 300 Dollars – Comparison
- 2 Things To Consider for Best Road Bike Under $300
- 3 10 Best Road Bikes Under $300
- 3.1 1. Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike
- 3.2 2. GMC Denali Road Bike
- 3.3 3. Schwinn Men’s Volare 1200 Bike
- 3.4 4. Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike – Shimano STI
- 3.5 5. Kent GZR700 Road Bike
- 3.6 6. Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle (BBWhite)
- 3.7 7. Aluminum Road Bike Commuter Bike by Vilano
- 3.8 8. Critical Cycles Harper Fixed Gear Bike
- 3.9 9. Merax Finiss Aluminum 21 Speed Road Bike
- 3.10 10. VEVOR Road Bike Aluminum Commuter Bike
- 4 Final Verdict:
Best Road Bike Under 300 Dollars – Comparison
I have analyzed and tested dozens of available models from the market, and come up with this list of best of the best!
|Picture||Product Name||Speed||Frame Material||Price|
|GMC Denali Road Bike||21 Speed||Aluminum||Check Latest Price|
|Schwinn Prelude Bicycle||14 Speed||Aluminum||Check Latest Price|
|Schwinn Men’s Volare 1200 Bike||21 Speed||Aluminum||Check Latest Price|
|Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike – Shimano STI||14 Speed||Aluminum Aero||Check Latest Price|
|Takara Kabuto Road Bike||Single Speed||Steel frame||Check Latest Price|
|Aluminum Road Bike Commuter Bike||21 Speed||Aluminum||Check Latest Price|
|Critical Cycles Harper Single-Speed Fixed||Single-Speed||Steel frame||Check Latest Price|
|Kent GZR700 Road Bike||3.50″||12 tools||Check Latest Price|
Things To Consider for Best Road Bike Under $300
Before you make a decision of purchasing any road bike, it is important to put a few factors in mind. There are other extra costs that you will incur once you have purchased a road bike under $300.
Such extra costa includes gloves, helmet, glasses and sometimes specific road shoes. These accessories make riding enjoyable as well as protect you.Other things that you need to consider are the maintenance of your bike.
This requires you to set some money apart to cater for expenses such as tire and chain replacement among others. Having your own puncture kit is advisable because you can handle any repairs without paying any money.
Road bikes come in different sizes and styles to match the varying needs of different customers. Carry out an extensive research about the selected road bike to be sure you are buying a product worth your money.
Ensure the wheels, brakes, chain and seat are well constructed, and provide you with ease of use.
How I Selected The Best Road Bike?
If you are purchasing a road bike for the first time, $300 is a good amount to start with for a quality entry level road bike. We carried an extensive research in order to come up with the list of best road bikes under 300 dollars.
Each of these bikes has something that sets it apart from other competitors in the same price bracket. We have collected valuable information and reviews from customers who have used the road bikes as well as information from retailers. After several days of research, we compiled a list of 3 top rated bikes under three hundred dollars that will be a great purchase.
10 Best Road Bikes Under $300
1. Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike
This is another amazing road bike under $300 with a nice yellow and black color.
The Takara single speed road bike fits riders from 5 feet, 10 inches to 6 feet tall and 2 inches tall. This is an ideal bike for commuters as well as other types of riders.
This is an exceptional Taka road bike with a flip flop hub that allow you to run as a fixed gear without paying attention to adjustments to temperamental components. The rims are constructed of a durable alloy that provides the rider with a long-lasting use.
You can ride on any road surface because the 32 hole alloy wheels are capable of withstanding different road surfaces.If you are a beginner, this road bike will be a great startup before you advance to other expensive models.
The seat is very comfortable making it very fun and enjoyable to ride. Assembling this bike takes relatively a short period of time with less tools being required.
- 2 sizes available for frame selection
- Best entry level commuter bike
- Easy assembly and maintain
- Single speed bike, no worry about gear
- If you need more speed, use 700c 25 tires
- It has a well-rounded design.
- Affordable bike for beginners.
- Easy to operate and it is fast.The seat is comfortable.
- It comes with a kickstand.
- It is a bit heavier than others it competes with.
- You can struggle with handlebars.
- Brakes need tinkering.
2. GMC Denali Road Bike
Selecting a perfect road bike should not be a difficult task. As much as it can be confusing because of many models that are available in the market, you can still get yourself a quality product with as low as $300.
GMC is well known for its quality road bikes that are a great selection to most riders.
Enjoy wonderful riding experiences with the GMC Denali Road Bike . This is a road bike that can take you to places very fast, thanks to its 21 speed. The frame is constructed from aluminum material making it durable and lightweight.
This is a great bike for any rider, and the price is relatively affordable.It doesn’t matter whether you are an adventurous or street racer, this bike will be a great purchase.
With its high-performance 700c tires, you can ride on any terrain without experiencing any problems. It is designed with easy to use Shimano Revo shifts that make it easy to change the gears smoothly.
For its price, you will love the quality of services offered by this lightweight road bike.
- Comes in multiple color options, including black and pink, black and green, black and silver, and gold
- Best tire is provided with this bike, no complain about it.
- Lightweight best bike for communiting
- The seat is adjustable and you get plenty of length on the seat to work with.
- Lightweight and Classy design compared to the price.
- 21 speed levels give it a massive range.
- Changing through the gears is easy.
- It is a road bike that’s built for speed.
- Tire quality can leave you desiring for more.
3. Schwinn Men’s Volare 1200 Bike
Want an “Entry Level” and “Cheap Road Bike” that packs a punch? Go for Schwinn Men’s Volare 1200 Bike blindfolded.
Equipped with a Schwinn patented aluminum fork, it is a lightweight bike which can take care of itself and you during one of your bumpy rides any weekend. You have the rigid front suspension fork to thank for that.
The fork grants you full authority over the bike you ride. Also, the Shimano shifters make life easy for novice bicycle enthusiasts. The EZ Fire shifters allow you to cycle through speed levels quickly and seamlessly. You also have rear derailleurs manufactured by Shimano. 21 levels of speed are more than enough to keep you on the edge of your saddle. Just to keep you steady, you have an aerodynamic design that helps to get the best out of this cycle.
Speed isn’t everything in a road bike. Schwinn teaches you that in this beginner level model. It features “Linear Pull Brakes” that help you get the power to stop your ride dead in its tracks when you need to. These brakes work well with a pair of tires that provide maximum traction no matter the surface you ride on.
While we are on tires and wheels, the Schwinn product features ultra-lightweight rims that don’t contribute to the weight of your product. As a result, it is a nimble model from Schwinn, and you can navigate through twists and turns of awkward roads with “Cat-Like” reflexes.
- Easy to assemble product; takes mere minutes to get the job done.
- Combines lightweight, sturdiness and stylish looks into one package.
- Brakes work too well for this beginner level bike.
- The finishing job on this product will win you over instantly.
- Shimano shifters make changing gears as easy as pie.
- They could have improved the saddle a wee bit.
4. Vilano Shadow 2.0 Road Bike – Shimano STI
The Shadow 2.0 comes with Shimano STI Shifters, brake leavers and drivetrain for a top notch performance. The 6061 Aluminum frame makes it lightweight.
It is an Aero Frame with double butted construction. It facilitates an upright position when you ride. Also, it has integrated headsets which are always nice to have around.
The Shadow 2.0 from Vilano features Shimano derailleur at the front and Shimano Tourney at the back. These are perfect for city roads and at times, mild rocky roads too. Vilano Shadow 2.0 has 14 levels of speed. For a bike that comes under $300, this is impressive.
The CNC Double Wall wheelset is your companion for all weather conditions you can find. The machine Slide wheels are rust resistant, and they will last beyond five or six years easily. Just remember to go through regular maintenance from time to time, and you’ll be fine.
Dual Pivot Alloy Caliper brakes provide the stopping power that it needs. The cool thing is, it comes with a step-by-step manual. It helps people to assemble it accurately. Putting this bike together takes no time at all if you follow the steps in order.
- This is the upgraded version of Vilano Shadow the predecessor.
- You can upgrade the gear parts and brakes easily.
- This model from Vilano works well even at high speeds.
- Free pedals come with the package.
- Good customer service is a trademark of Vilano.
- The stock tires might not perform all that well.
- Brakes need a bit of adjusting before you can work with them.
5. Kent GZR700 Road Bike
As we move to the last member on our list, this is the brand we’ve got for you. The Kent GZR700 features enthralling 21-speed levels that people enjoy.
Among other features, it has a high-tensile steel frame like the rest of my list for added sturdiness.
The suspension is equally good with a high-tensile fork as well. Steel does well to absorb the shock of uneven terrain rather well. You won’t feel a thing. If you are beyond the weight limit of 250lbs. You might feel slightly uncomfortable.
Despite being an affordable road bike, the rims of this thing have a high-profile design. They come with 36 holes for spokes to make sure the performance remains on the high end of the spectrum. Also, the Vitesse rims roll quickly on any terrain you put them on.
Alloy caliper brakes grant you the performance that you can expect from a bike under 300 dollars at this point. The raised handlebars don’t disappoint. The seat has extended padding for comfort during long rides. My one complaint about this model is that steel frame makes it a bit heavy with 31 pounds of weight.
- 21 levels of speed for people to enjoy.
- Alloy caliper brakes perform well.
- The Vitesse Rims are good additions to this low-budget bike.
- 700C tires are puncture resistant.
- Seat is padded and comfortable.
- A moderately heavy bike.
6. Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle (BBWhite)
Not every Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle (BBWhite) will work well on men. There are specific models that are designed for men as well as women for ease of use.
Having the right road bike that is easy to ride without any difficulty makes cycling a very exciting activity.
You can visit friends over the weekends or take some fitness cycling sessions to burn extra body calories with this amazing men’s road bike.The Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle is specifically designed for men.
Whether you ride for fitness or fun, this road bike will be a perfect selection. The men’s commuter bike is made with aluminum drop bar frame and Schwinn road fork hence making it lightweight and long lasting.
The 14-speed road bike allows you to move at an ideal pace. With the presence of responsive A050 shifters and its lightweight design, you can move at a higher speed when riding.
The road bike features clips and straps for the pedals that increase efficiency when turning the deep-dish 700c alloy wheels.Minimal maintenance is required with this bike; this means you end up saving more money in the long run.
Bring this road bike home and the change the way you do your cycling. At such an affordable road bikes price, this road bike will deliver the best cycling moments, and you will always be looking forward to the next cycling session.
- Aluminum drop bar frame and Schwinn road fork for this Men’s commuter road bike
- 14-speed Shimano drivetrain and A050 road shifters
- 700c alloy wheels
- Schwinn Quality padded saddle
- Dual pivot road brakes
- Gear range is what sells this bike for me.
- Shifting through gears is easy thanks to quality parts.
- Perfect beginner level bike.
- The frame makes Schwinn Prelude durable and lightweight.
- It features adjustable handlebars.
- Perfect ride for male people only.
- Regular maintenance is needed.
- Coaster brake system may create some problems.
7. Aluminum Road Bike Commuter Bike by Vilano
My list of Best Road Bikes Under $300 is slowly turning into a list of Vilano road bikes.
This model comes with various frame size options that you can pick and choose from. So, it should cater people of different heights quite easily.
As few of the other bikes on my list today, this Vilano bike also features 21-speed levels thanks to the Shimano derailleurs. Shimano A050 thumb shifters make switching through speeds easier.
With the 6061 Aluminum Butted Frame, everything becomes easy. The frame is lightweight and riders can change through gears nicely and ride fast thanks to the “Practically Weightless” bike. At the same time, the Hi-ten fork allows you to be relaxed as it takes any bump and hitch on the road head on. You won’t feel the jerks.
Forged alloy crankset allows your wheels to roll easily. Speaking of wheels, we’ve got 700C wheels that are double walled and machined. These wheels are weather resistant. You can count on the spokes for a long lasting performance too. Machine-made rims are frontrunners when we consider durability and performance.
Alloy caliper brakes are pretty straightforward to work with. Also, you need to tweak them a bit for performance enhancement. Luckily we have the manual that explains how everything falls into place nicely.
- An affordable bike.
- You can assemble it quickly.
- The Aluminum frame is the highlight of this bike.
- Brakes are easy to operate.
- Crankset helps you to get the wheels rolling.
- Don’t expect longevity from the brakes.
- You need to make frequent adjustments to parts.
8. Critical Cycles Harper Fixed Gear Bike
Harper Single-Speed Fixed Gear Commuter Bike comes with different frame sizes to suit people of all heights. The frame uses premium materials and is built by hand.
You can expect top-notch quality without paying the high bucks for it. You won’t feel any horizontal dropouts. No, there won’t be any toe overlaps either.
This road/commuter bike does an excellent job in providing you the ideal posture for bike riding. Riders enjoy bicycles with raised handlebars. They keep the torso upright so people can stay relaxed when they are on long rides.
It only has a one-speed level, but with an “Entry-Level” bike, people can hardly expect anything else. But it comes with a “Flip-Flop” hop. There are two cogs located on the back wheel of this cycle. One cog is the single-speed which comes installed as a part of the package. This one lets your cycle be still when you are riding it.
The next cog represents “Fixed Gears.” Once you take the wheel out, put the cog in and put the wheel back, it responds to the way you move your bike. The fixed gear cog reacts to your slightest movement and gives you a nice workout while you go about your business.
When it comes to the brakes, Harper has two sets of them. These brakes allow you instant stopping power. Thanks for the quick response, you can count on them while you are riding in adverse weather conditions or even on scruffy roads.
Rest of the parts include a KMC chain that functions as well as it is supposed to. You got freestyle pedals to contend with, and they do a great job at positioning your feet in a way that helps you to ride the cycle better. With the “Deep V Rims,” people get Wanda tires that are broad and ideal for city roads as well.
- Design-wise, it is the most captivating entry-level bike.
- It uses branded parts in the making for user convenience and quality assurance.
- Wanda tires and the brakes combine to provide you superior control over the bicycle.
- The bike grants you a smooth ride.
- Raised handlebars provide a comfortable sitting position.
- Not ideal for tall people.
- You cannot switch speeds.
9. Merax Finiss Aluminum 21 Speed Road Bike
It is amazing how good Merax’s 700C Road and Racing Bike Combo works well even at a price under $300. With its 6061 Aluminum frame, it won me over.
The frame is lightweight and sturdy at the same time. It allows you to have a smooth ride without worrying about jerks and dents. And, you can transport it anywhere due to the “Lightweight” feature.
This one comes with Shimano Components that make up “Gear Section” of this bicycle. You have Shimano A050 Shifters and TZ31 front derailleur. Also, people get to work with RD TZ50 rear derailleur. Alloy crank holds this gear set together and allows excellent control over all the speed levels to the riders.
The Alloy Caliper brakes are weather resistant. People can expect the brakes to perform under extreme weather conditions. The common complaint with brakes is that they cause the tires to skid on slippery surfaces. But with alloy caliper brakes, Merax Finiss has eliminated the problem. These brakes grip the bike’s tire hard whenever one applies them.
The Finnis features tires from Kenda. Kenda 700C tires are durable in their own right. These tires are puncture proof. You can ride on gravel, stone pathways or even plain roads without much of a concern. Kenda tires need very little maintenance as well. Not to mention the front wheel features “Quick Release” too. People won’t need extra tools to assemble the wheels.
- It comes to you for a great price.
- Easy to assemble bike with a compact design.
- Customer service of Morax is one of the best.
- The bike is quite fast when you consider the price.
- The maximum weight limit for this bike is 220 pounds.
- The brakes will need a bit of getting used to.
10. VEVOR Road Bike Aluminum Commuter Bike
Many of you might not have heard about VEVOR, but the Commuter bicycle is a worthy alternative to fancy bikes. It is a cheap road bike that provides you with all the essential features at an affordable price.
The Aluminum Alloy fork grants it the ideal weight for a road bike. It doesn’t take a toll on your body while you ride this thing.
The carbon fork gives it the sturdiness that’s necessary for a commuter bike. Riders get a steady bike that is suitable for rockiest of roads in or beyond your neighborhood.
This racing bike has 21 different speed levels. The reason I called this a “Racing Bike” is that it has 13G spikes with caps. You can expect these spikes aid your rims during high-speed biking. And no, that doesn’t add any weight to already lightweight Vevor Road Bike.
It features 700C wheels that roll quickly on the road. With AS-2 4D Brakes, riders can expect top-notch performance without the tires skidding or sliding down the road too. The best thing is, you can adjust these brakes and fine-tune them to perfection without going to extreme lengths.
One thing is, the bike is ideal for people of 5’4” to 6’ height. So, taller people might have some discomforts along the way.
- This is a fast bike at an affordable price.
- It has an adjustable seat that goes well with most people’s heights.
- Even a rookie can assemble this bike.
- The tires are weather and puncture resistant.
- The wheels are professionally made.
- No negatives thus far.
After reviewing everything, winner of best road bikes under 300 dollars is GMC Denali Road Bike.
Cycling to work can greatly save you more money that you would otherwise spend on transport. If you have the right road bike, moving from one place to another will be an enjoyable and fun activity.
With as low as $300, you can get a quality road bike that will serve you for several years before you consider doing a replacement. The above reviewed bikes are worth your purchase, and you will be thrilled with how riding will become part of you.
It is a great activity that keeps you fit and require less energy as compared to other types of exercises, for instance, running.
If you are interested in reading more customer reviews of the above road bikes, they are well explained .com, including more features and benefits of the above best road bikes under $300.